Our 2019 competitions will be open for submissions between May 1st – July 31st. Please find submission guidelines below. For queries, email: email@example.com
€700 in PRIZES
Prizes in each category:
Runner-up €50 + Weekend Festival Pass
Third Prize: Weekend Festival Pass
We are delighted to announce that this year’s judges are:
Poetry: Nessa O’ Mahony, author of the collections: Bar Talk, Trapping a Ghost, In Sight of Home and Her Father’s Daughter. Also the historical crime novel The Branchman.
Flash Fiction: Tanya Farrelly, author of the award-winning short story collection When Black Dogs Sing, as well as the novels The Girl Behind the Lens and When Your Eyes Close.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. The competition is open to authors of any nationality writing in English.
2. The word limit is 500 for flash fiction, 40 lines for poems.
3. Work submitted should not have been previously published nor have won a prize in another competition.
4. Entries must be typed, on A4 paper, single sided only. Please email entries to: firstname.lastname@example.org
5. There is no entry form. Please complete a separate cover sheet including all your contact details, titles of entries and your PayPal receipt number. Do not write your name or provide any other form of identification on the entries.
6. Please do not enter more than one poem or flash fiction on a single page.
7. Entry fees are €5 for a single entry, €10 for three entries. These may be to either category, ie, categories can be mixed. Please pay via our PayPal link on our competitions page on the website: http://www.brayliteraryfestival.com
8. Work will only be accepted if accompanied by a cover sheet and proof of payment.
9. Entries must be received no later than midnight on July 31st 2019. We regret that we cannot accept entries received after this date.
10. Manuscripts cannot be altered after submission.
11. The judges’ decision is final. No correspondence or discussion concerning the judges’ decision will be entered into.
12. The copyright will remain with the winning authors.
13. Winners and runners-up in each category will be invited to read at the prize-giving event in the Town Hall, Bray, on Culture Night, Friday Sept 20th.
14. Shortlisted authors will be notified by email and will be invited to the prize-giving event.
15. A shortlist will be published on the Bray Literary Festival website in early September 2019.
16. Manuscripts will not be returned.
17. The entry fee is non-refundable.
To see our past winners, click here.